Special Offers, Scholarships & Grants
Please note: Applications for Special Offers, Scholarships and Grants will open early 2020. Stay tuned for further information
The AGITG provides support to attend the Annual Scientific Meeting in the following ways:
- ASM Newbie Special Offer – only for staff at AGITG sites who have never attended the ASM before
- $50 Special Registration Offer – for the first 50 Data Managers, Fellows, Registrars and Scientists who register
- Fellow/Registrar Grants – for presenters in the Posters Session
- Site Travel Scholarships – supports one staff member at each AGITG site
ASM Newbie Special Offer
A limited number of Special Newbie Offers are available for site staff working on AGITG trials open to recruitment and who have never attended the meeting, so get in early! If supported, you will receive free meeting registration and up to 3 night’s accommodation. This offer can be used in combination with a Site Travel Scholarship or Fellow/Registrar Grant – but not both.
$50 Special Registration Offer
Data Managers, Fellows Registrars and Scientists are eligible for a Special Offer Registration Rate of AUD$50 (normally $425 early bird, and $550 regular). Get in early, this special rate is only available for the first 50 Data Manager, Fellow, Registrar and Scientist registrations. Once the special offer rate is fully subscribed the regular rate will apply. This offer can be used in combination with a Site Travel Scholarship or Fellow/Registrar Grant – but not both.
The AGITG is also offering up to 15 Grants of $500 to Fellows/Registrars to assist with attendance at the ASM and present in the Posters Session. You will be considered for an oral presentation in the Best of the Best or Fast Forward sessions and will be eligible to receive an Award based on your presentation.
Site Travel Scholarships
Our aim is to have representation at the meeting from all AGITG sites. Travel Scholarships are available to assist members who cannot access Institution funds to attend the meeting. One Scholarship will be awarded to each AGITG site. It is up to the site to decide which staff member will benefit from the Scholarship. Scholarships are a contribution towards travel costs and not intended to cover the full cost of travel.
- Recipients of support must attend the entire meeting and be an AGITG member or submit an application to become an AGITG member at the time of application.
- Newbies – AGITG will provide accommodation at a hotel close to the meeting venue.
- Fellows/Registrars – AGITG will transfer grant funds following attendance at the meeting.
- Scholarships – AGITG will reimburse actual travel costs up to the maximum amount per location outlined above. Receipts to verify costs are required. Scholarship funds will be transferred following attendance at the meeting.