Abstract submissions are now closed for the 2023 program for:
- Posters, or
- Posters and oral presentations (Best of the Best oral presentations).
- Submissions close: Monday, 14 August, 9:00am AEST
- Authors notified: Monday, 18 September
Oral poster presentations
Up to eight abstracts may be chosen for an oral presentation in the ASM Program (by invitation of the Executive Organising Committee and subject to available space in the Program).
- A first prize of AUD $3,500 will be presented to the winning abstract.
- A second prize of AUD $1,500 will be presented to the runner up.
*Abstracts will be judged by the Executive Organising Committee. The decision of the Executive Organising Committee is final.
- *In addition to a Poster, your abstract may be selected as an oral presentation in the Annual Scientific Meeting Program (by invitation of the Executive Organising Committee).
- You will be able to indicate if you would like to be considered for an oral presentation during the abstract submission process.
- For your abstract to be accepted, the abstract presenter must be a registered and fully paid delegate. However, you will be able to register and pay once you have been notified of your abstract’s acceptance.
- You must consent to your abstract being published.
- Industry studies need to be presented by an AGITG member and have had significant involvement of the AGITG member.
- Encore abstracts will be accepted, provided they meet all the other criteria listed above.
During the abstract submission process you will be asked:
- for your name and organisation, as the presenting author.
- for the name/s and organisation/s of any co-authors – to allow accurate indexing of all authors.
- for a title for your abstract max 30 words.
- whether you wish to be considered for:
- a poster only, or
- a poster and oral presentation (Best of the Best oral presentations).
- whether this is an encore abstract, and if yes, where it has previously been presented.
- for the text of your abstract. You may copy and paste this text into the form. This text should be strictly no more than 350 words including any references. Images and tables will not be accepted.
At the end of the submission process, you will receive an email to confirm we have received your abstract. If you do not receive an email, please:
- check in your spam folder
- contact our ASM Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 02 9419 4889.
If you encounter any difficulties at any stage or wish to make changes to your abstract after you have submitted it, please contact our ASM Secretariat at email@example.com or on 02 9419 4889.
- Notification of programming decisions will come from the ASM Secretariat shortly after the expiry of deadlines and the working program will be posted to the website.
- The notification will include specific presentation instructions. However, please note:
- Those preparing posters should note the maximum size allowed is 120cm wide by 100cm high (landscape). Velcro will be available to fix the poster to the boards.
- Computer data projection is the preferred presentation method for Best of the Best presentations.